Thursday 27 June 2013

My First Impressions of Island Paradise

Today the countdown to The Sims 3 Island Paradise in Australia finally ended! Since picking up my pre-ordered game today, I've begun experimenting with different features of the game - but there is still so much I haven't tried. And I love that. There seems to be so much in this EP.

My game started off on a bit of a sour note as it froze just as I was about to finish creating my sims. However since reloading it hasn't happened again.

So far the different things I have experienced are building/living on a houseboat, snorkelling, windsurfing and purchasing a resort in foreclosure. I really love the houseboats and I had a lot of fun building one for my sims. I didn't have much trouble at all fitting everything in that I wanted to, however, if my sims have kids down the track they will need the bigger barge for sure. Snorkelling took a bit to get started with my sims not being able to do it at first, but once they did, they snorkelled for hours and each reached level 2. The windsurfing didn't last very long but it looked pretty cool!

I wasn't going to, but I ended up purchasing Hobart's Hideaway for my sims to rebuild. I demolished everything and started again from the ground up. One thing I learnt though is that deleting resort towers automatically closes your resort, and if you delete the front desk in buy mode, choosing to return to live mode will sell the resort back to the world. Interesting! I'm looking forward to finishing furnishing the resort so I can experience running it.

So far I am loving this EP. The world is beautiful. There's so much to do and I'm looking forward to experience it all (except the Mermaids really). This EP is definitely working its way up as my favourite.

Now I do plan to record some of Island Paradise too - but a little bit different to a Let's Play. In a weeks time I will start releasing videos. There will be a proper recorded review (as well as a written one), which will be based on my experience so far. I feel that for me, reviewing the game earlier than within a week would be unfair. In addition, there will be my Island Paradise series. They will be shortish videos (possibly around 10 minutes each), that will span across a few 'chapters'. It will be based in Isla Paradiso and will encompass some key aspects of this EP. Stay tuned for more info on these.

No comments:

Post a Comment