Sunday 23 June 2013

Photo House Tour - Video Commentary

Today I published my first ever YouTube video, which was a photo house tour of the first house I built on stilted foundations from the Island Paradise game update. Unfortunately the voiceover wasn't very good quality (I hope to fix this for future videos), so I'm using this post to provide more information about the house itself.

The house is located in Sunset Valley and has 4 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms. It wasn't created for any particular household. Please ignore the front of the lot - I felt a bit weird building a garden on sand so I just left it blank.

This house is 100% mod and custom content free. I have none in my game at all. In addition to The Sims 3 base game, the expansion packs, stuff packs and store content used were:

  • World Adventures
  • Ambitions
  • Late Night
  • Generations
  • Pets
  • Seasons
  • University Life
  • Outdoor Living Stuff
  • Town Life Stuff
  • The Toyota Prius Family Pack (Store)
I'm not really happy with the exterior of the house and I tried so many different designs for it, but I just couldn't get it right. So I left it and focused on the interior. 

My favourite room(s) in the house is definitely the kitchen, dining and family room. I put a lot of time into this area of the house. 

My favourite features of the house overall are:
  • The mirrored walls in the kitchen. You will need to use the moveObjects on cheat to place these.
  • The mirrored wall in the WIR. I thought this was a cool way to incorporate a mirror.
  • The fishing deck - I like that sims can now fish without having to leave the house.
  • The overall design of the kitchen, dining and family room. I've used a lot of the same colours and metals for different items in this area, which I think brings it all together.
  • The study walls and bookshelf. I played around with these in Create a Style and I'm really happy with the results.
I hate the spare bedrooms. I really didn't spend much time at all designing them, because these are rooms that'll vary in design based on who is living in the house. I just quickly threw together some really simple bedrooms to signify what they are.

I'm also not very good at bathrooms, so I'm not really happy with them either.

Overall I do love a lot of the interior of the house and I'm pretty proud of it. It was a good way to get back into the game a bit to overcome my PEPS.



No comments:

Post a Comment